Sunday, November 2, 2008

Questions

So I've had a couple of questions that I haven't answered. My dad asked if we had gone up in the Tower of Pisa, and the answer to that is no. While viewing it is free, they like to charge a lot of money to go inside, which makes everyone feel like they have to go inside. This is a very common trap which we have sadly fallen for a few times. Rebecca likes to call it the GUS Syndrome (Go Upstairs). I find that the outside of any given structure is most often more interesting than the inside, so unless we really want to go in somewhere, we tend to avoid the ridiculously priced fees. Maybe it would be cool, maybe not. I just get annoyed with how over priced things like that are, so we tend to avoid them.

Okay, next question about the Anne Frank tree. As far as I understand, it is still standing. There was a plan to take it down, but of course that was met with resistance and I think the protesters have won for the time being. The tree itself is enclosed in a courtyard that is not accessible to the public, so no, we didn't get to see it.

I think that's it for now...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the 'GUS.' How many elevated views shouuld one take in during a lifetime. Ridiculous over pricing is why we didnt' GUS at the Empire State Building (ESB) in 1995. Statue of Liberty was enough. Actually, your mother wanted to take all of you up the ESB, but I don't think it was for the view. I think she muttered something about coming back alone.
Dad

CassieU said...

hahaha john...and by not going into the esb in 95...that gave us an opportunity to go up in it in 03 so really it just leaves future traveling expereinces for the masses....which means i wonder if i'll have to go up the statue if/when jake and i ever make it to NYC..guess we'll see..

Ashley Metzger said...

Reading about all of your many adventures is amazing! I guess I don't expect any less from a queen though. We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Travel can be a challenge. Sounds like you are keepiing a good attitude. Love the pictures.
Lisa