Monday, July 14, 2008

Get Ready...

Okay, this is my second attempt at writing this.  A few items to take of during this first post...

1.  A number of years ago a friend of mine started calling me Queen Elizabeth and it kind of stuck. Consequently, the name of my blog...
2.  I have a travel bug.  As a teacher I get the summers off and like to get out of the country when I can.  I can't help it.
3.  I've taken a year off of work to travel starting with six months in Europe with my younger sister.
4.  I've been in denial this last week that I'm actually leaving.  However, a mere 30 hours before I leave and I can no longer ignore that this is really happening.  When I think about it, sheer panic sets in, which is why I've thus far chosen to live in blissful ignorance, or DenialLand, as my sister has termed it.
5.  Lest you think I am not excited about this opportunity, let me correct this fallacy.  I'm very excited.  My mom spent a year in Europe roughly 35 years ago and I've wanted to do the same since I was 10.  This is a dream come true.  I am still entitled to panic, however.  Do not begrudge me my moments of insanity and terror.  Don't worry.  Only my sister will have to deal with them after Monday.  But I digress...we're not discussing my impending departure.  We're too busy pretending that it isn't happening.

Okay, there we go...first post done.  Another thing to check off of my To-Do List.  You'll be hearing from me again soon.

-The Queen

1 comment:

Jason Todd said...

Traveling it's always something to be scared about, I know that from my own experience.
But thinking about all the new thing that you will see and learn will make those fears go aways for a little bit.
You are a very brave woman capable of doing anything so I know that you will be fine.

I will miss you my dear Elita.